In the Kitchen with Sigona’s featuring an Antipasti Platter
A colorful antipasti platter is an easy and mouthwatering way to entertain company. Simply arrange the following ingredients on a platter and provide small plates & cocktail sticks for your guests to help themselves. Then just sit back, relax and enjoy entertaining Italian-style!
Yields: 14-16 servings, but if you want to really pig out, this serves about 8 people!
- One 8oz.container of Cantare Fresh Mozzarella, drained (we recommend the Perle variety)
- One ½ pint container marinated olives or mushrooms from Sigona’s self serve, fresh olive bar
- 7-10 Romanita tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 cup Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 12 oz. package of Columbus Italian Dry Salame
- A fresh baguette, cut into 1″ thick slices (we recommend a baguette from Grace Baking Company or Acme Bread Co.)
Directions: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt & pepper and oregano, and set aside. Arrange the remaining ingredients in generous piles on a large platter. Drizzle the oil mixture over the ingredients – skipping the baguette slices – and serve.
Cook’s notes: We suggest reserving a little of each ingredient to replenish the platter when items start to thin out.
Also, if you serve olives from our self serve olive bar, be sure to provide a small bowl for guests to ditch the olive pits!