Recipe: Tomato-Arugula Salad over Lemony Grilled Chicken
This is a guilt-free dish for both your figure and your wallet as it’s made with fresh ingredients AND items we have on sale right now. For example, you can pick up Rocky Jr. chicken breasts for $3.99 lb. all through June!
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Rocky Jr. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 5-6 Romanita tomatoes, diced
- 1 small Italian sweet red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 TBL red wine vinegar
- 2 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil (yes, more extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 TBL capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Directions: In a baking dish, whisk together lemon juice, shallot, 1/4 c. olive oil and black pepper to emulsify the mixture. Add the thin chicken pieces, turn to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high and prepare the salad (see directions below).
Remove chicken from marinade, season with salt on both sides and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Discard remaining marinade. Place each chicken piece on individual plates and top with some of the tomato-arugula salad.
For the salad: combine arugula, capers, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl and toss with the vinegar and 2 Tbl. oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook’s note: To pound the chicken thin, place pieces individually in a Ziploc bag and pound with a meat mallet, rolling pin, dress shoe or anything with a flat bottom!