Simple, Healthy, Delicious: Cherimoya
Almost everyone has a favorite way of eating cherimoya, whether it be out of hand, in a fruit salsa, or frozen and added into a smoothie…it’s such a unique and versatile fruit!
Cherimoya Salsa with Papaya and Avocado
Right now we have two fantastic varieties of papaya (a yellow-flesh for $3.99 lb. and a red-flesh for $1.99/lb.) as well as organic, California-grown Hass avocados at 2 for $3…the two combined with cherimoya and other standard salsa ingredients make a mouth-watering, fresh-tasting dip for chips or a topping for a white fish, such as Mahi mahi. Enjoy!
- About ½ a papaya (total about 1 cup), peeled and diced
- 1-2 cherimoya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1-2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 large diced avocado (squirt some like juice on the diced avocado to help it from turning brown)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 limes, juice only
- 1/2 cup Sigona’s Fresh Press olive oil
- 2 red Thai chilies, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBL organic Agave nectar
- Salt & Pepper
Directions: Cut, dice and juice ingredients as noted above. Mix everything together in a bowl and chill for 10-20 minutes to let flavors meld. Serve chilled.
Cook’s Note: remember, salsa is one of those dishes with which you have all creative liberties. Add more or less of any ingredient you wish to make it your very own!