Tortellini tossed with Swiss Chard
Swiss Chard is great for soups and stir fries – it’s even great tossed with pasta, such as tortellini. Choose your favorite stuffed tortellini and follow the recipe below for a great meal!
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard, rinsed and dried
- 1 package of tortellini (we recommend Saporito Fine Pasta’s tortellini, a fresh pasta made in Redwood City – look for it in the frozen section)
- 1 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
Directions: Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Chop the chard into 2 inch pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium to medium-high head. Add the garlic and shallots until soft don’t burn the garlic. Stir in the chard stems and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in half of the chard leaves and stir. Add in the broth and then the rest of the chard leaves. Continue stirring while broth reduces. When chard stems are tender but not too soft, add in the cooked tortellini. Stir to mix and serve immediately.
- Grate some fresh parmesan cheese over the top before serving or allow individuals to add the cheese.
- Cook the tortellini with a pinch or two of red pepper flakes for a flavor boost.