Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips: Arugula
- Locally-grown arugula from San Juan Bautista down to Salinas is available from April-November.
- Fresh arugula should be all green. A light green is ok, but avoid yellow leaves.
- Arugula is extremely delicate and should be used within a day or two of purchase.
- Keep refrigerated (stored with a damp paper towel) until you eat.
- If you rinse the arugula, be sure to remove as much moisture as possible before adding to a salad or tossing with a vinaigrette.