Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips: Cauliflower
- No matter the color, whether white, purple, orange or green, cauliflower should be free of brown spots.
- The “jacket” of leaves should be green and look fresh. Older cauliflower will have yellow leaves.
- Choose heads, known as curds, that are heavy for their size.
- To prepare, separate the heads from the core and leaves and break the heads into florets. The core can be chopped and used in cooking, too.
- Store tightly wrapped in the fridge after purchased.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables – some of you won’t find anywhere else.