Citrusy Mango Ginger Dressing featuring Sigona’s California Arbequina Olive Oil
It’s mango season! The best mangos come from Mexico (their season is from May – September) as opposed to off-season mangos from South America. The difference is the time they spend traveling to our store: South American mangos travel up to three weeks while mangos from Mexico arrive in three days.
The Sigona’s Fresh Press California Arbequina Olive Oil used in this dressing lends a nice fruity & buttery flavor that finishes with a surprising zing. This new crop variety from California’s Sierra Foothills is from a limited edition – only 58 gallons were produced. Get it while it’s hot!
- 1 1/4 cup Sigona’s Fresh Press California Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup combined Meyer lemon and lime juice (no Meyer lemons? Regular lemons will work just the same.)
- 2 TBL red wine vinegar
- 2 TBL shallots, minced
- 1/2 TBL fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 TBL Dijon mustard
- 1/2 TBL organic Agave nectar
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- Salt & pepper
Directions: Place all ingredients in blender and whip together until the dressing mixes to a creamy consistency. Drizzle over a mixed greens salad (recipe follows) and toss. There should be plenty of dressing remaining…it will hold for several days in the refrigerator. This should serve 4-6.
Mixed Greens Salad with Mango & Avocado
- 8 cups loosely packed spring mix
- 2 1/2 TBL kalmata olives, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 mango, diced
Directions: Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and toss with citrusy mango ginger dressing.