Balsamic-Drizzled Summer Stone Fruit over Creamy Gelato
Stone fruits are just coming into season, and though I prefer to eat them out of hand, they’re delicious when roasted, drizzled with balsamic (especially an infused balsamic) and served over ice cream or gelato. Serves 4.
- 12+ cherries, halved with the pit removed
- 2 other California Clean stone fruits, such as peaches, apricots, plums or nectarines, quartered with the pit removed
- 1/2 cup Sigona’s cherry balsamic
- 1 pint of Vanilla Bean gelato (we recommend Gelato Massimo; it’s made in Watsonville!)
- 4 mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare fruits as directed.
Place fruits in a baking dish and drizzle with Sigona’s cherry balsamic. Roast fruit for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, scoop gelato into four dessert bowls. Place equal amounts of roasted fruit in the bowls and drizzle with more balsamic (leftovers from the baking dish and/or a drizzle of more from the bottle). Place a mint leaf in each bowl (optional) and serve immediately.