We’re open on Labor Day!
Come on by for all your Labor Day celebration needs.
Looking for a great burger recipe? Here’s an idea from Patch.com. Find local grass-fed beef from Marin Sun Farms at our Redwood City store!
Grass-Fed Burger with Wild Arugula, Heirloom Tomato and Jalapeno Cheese
See the original recipe and picture on Patch.com.
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (we recommend Marin Sun Farms)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we recommend Sigona’s Fresh Press Picual from Australia)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of jalapeno cheese
- 1 cup wild arugula
- 4 heirloom tomato slices (we recommend a Cherokee Purple tomato)
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Preheat cast iron griddle or grill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, egg, spices, herbs, and breadcrumbs. Add a generous pinch of salt and some pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four parts and shape into patties. Brush with the olive oil.
- Either cook stovetop in a cast iron griddle or on the grill, flipping once, until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side depending on thickness).
- Once almost cooked through, top with the cheese and allow it to melt. Note: You may place the cast iron pan under the broiler to fully melt the cheese if needed.
- To serve, place each patty on a toasted bun. Top each with a tomato slice and some arugula. Garnish with ketchup and mustard as desired. Enjoy!