As we leave behind the dog days of summer backyard barbeques and enter autumn’s chill evenings, it’s time to fire up that kitchen stove once again. With our Southern Hemisphere fresh press olive oils looking just fantastic this year, now is the perfect time to cook indoors with them again.
As we’ve mentioned before, Sigona’s is working tirelessly day and night to get our online olive oil store up and running. What does this mean for you? You’ll be able to order your favorite oils from your computer or mobile device – as well as kiosks located inside the store – and send them to your family and friends. Our unique, fresh and incredibly flavorful oils will make the perfect gift for loved ones this holiday season.
We’ll let you know the second our online store is officially open for business.
Sigona’s October 2012 Olive Oil of the Month
This oil is:
- Very fruity with delightful middle and end flavors
- Typically mild, but this Barnea is quite robust
- Packing an astounding polyphenol count of 495
Try this recipe
Quinoa w/ Smoked Salmon, Baby Kale, & Za’atar featuring Chilean Barnea
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Sigona’s Fresh Press Chilean Barnea olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 2 handfuls baby kale
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz. hot, smoked salmon fillet, skinned & flaked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. Za’atar (see below)
- Pinch of crushed red chili flakes
Directions for Smoked Salmon & Baby Kale
Bring vegetable or chicken broth, olive oil and salt to a boil. Stir in quinoa, cover and turn off heat. Let stand for 5 minutes and then fluff with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drizzle with Sigona’s Fresh Press Chilean Barnea olive oil and sprinkle with Za’atar.
- 1/8 cup sumac
- 1 TBL. dried thyme
- 1 TBL. roasted sesame seeds
- 1 TBL. dry marjoram
- TBL. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Directions for Za’atar
Blend the sesame seeds and kosher salt together in a blender for 30 seconds. Add other ingredients and blend well.