- Page Mandarins should be heavy for their size.
- They should have a nice healthy shine to them – as with most fresh produce.
- Since they aren’t as easy to peel, I recommend cutting in quarters.
- Unlike satsumas mandarins, the Page variety are firm and shouldn’t be soft.
- Soft mandarins probably mean they’re old.
- They make for wonderful juice by themselves or mixed with orange juice.
- They have great staying power and will hold up well in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.