- If it’s a stem and leaf blood orange, the leaves should be green and fresh.
- The orange should have a good red blush to it. It shouldn’t look like a regular Valencia or navel orange.
- It should feel heavy for its size.
- We have samples for you in the store showcasing the beautiful dark-red flesh so you’ll know what the interior should look like.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.