This dish comes together in no time, especially when you use our locally made Saporito pasta. It’s a fantastic way to use the local, organic baby tomatoes, which are absolutely fantastic this summer. Serves 2-4.
- ½ Pint local organic baby tomatoes, halved
- 3 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press Leccino extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. fresh Saporito pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced OR 1 small shallot, minced
- Freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 6 leaves Fresh basil, julienned
Directions: Sprinkle sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper. Let them sit for 5 minutes to release their juices.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain pasta and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic or shallot, season with salt & pepper and cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly so the garlic/shallot does not burn.
Add the sliced tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cooked pasta and a bit of the reserved cooking liquid, as much needed to allow for easy mixing and to give it a slight creamy texture. Stir ingredients together well and cook about 2 minutes more to reheat the pasta.
Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with parmigiano reggiano and julienned basil. Serve immediately.