- Now is absolutely best time of the year to buy this weight-loss inducing, super succulent gem.
- Great for jicama salad
- Choose jicama that’s as white as possible. Older jicama tends to get brown marks on it.
- It should feel dry. Older ones will have a slimy film on it.
- Our jicama is local from Modesto and taste outstanding, but because it isn’t cured for as long as the non-local variety it should be eater sooner rather than later.
- I always like to wrap my unused jicama and place it in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.