John Sigona’s Dried Fruit & Nut Pick of the Week are California Large-Sized Calimyrna Figs.
10.5 oz. Container – $3.99
I buy the very best because I know that’s what you expect. This newsletter’s feature is on the New Crop Calimyrna Figs that I’m bringing to you. Simply the best: Luscious, Rare, Incredibly Delicious. Superb quality, big and plump, versatile and healthy. You’re going to love them, especially at this great price!
Dried California Calimyrna Figs are loaded with excellent nutritional value. They are a delicious, nutritious treat to be enjoyed in numerous ways.
- Easy to Stuff with Your Favorite Cheese—here are two examples:
- Try Gorgonzola with Walnuts
- Any Type of Goat cheese with Walnuts/Pecans
- Figs Wrapped with Prosciutto and served with Blue Cheese
- Fig Banana Smoothie
- Fig Nut Sandwich
- Goat Cheese Fig Pizza
- Cambazola Focaccia Fig Pizza
- Out of hand
- Chopped in cereals, Fresh fruit smoothies
The following nutritional info is from the California Fig Advisory Board:
- Fresh and Dried Figs contain Disease-fighting antioxidants
- Fresh and Dried Figs contain Good Amounts of Calcium
- Fresh and Dried Figs contain Good Amounts of Potassiumjn
- Fresh and Dried Figs contain Good Amounts of Iron
- And—lots of Dietary Fiber
We even have one incredible recipe for you to use with these special figs: Jumbo Calimyrna Figs with Mascarpone and Blackberry Honey.