- Feel for a firm, tight head
- Look for deep green florets
- Look for lively green leaves and firm, thin stalks. Thick stalks will be woody and are a sign of over maturity.
- To store, mist the heads, wrap loosely in damp paper towels, and refrigerate. It will keep fresh for several days.
- The stalks and stems of the broccoli are edible, too. They cook in the same amount of time if you peel the outer skin.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables – some of you won’t find anywhere else.