Black Mission Figs
Loaded with all kinds of good nutritional value!
Fresh figs are not in season, but we have wonderful dried figs at the lowest price in years!
$1.99 9.5 oz.
(good through March 29, 2016)
The following information is from the California Fig Advisory Board. Both fresh and dried figs contain:
- Disease-fighting antioxidants
- Good amounts of calcium
- Good amounts of potassium
- Good Amounts of Iron
- And lots of dietary fiber
Very versatile–here are a few examples:
- Easy to stuff with your favorite cheese. Here are some ideas:
- Try gorgonzola with walnuts
- Any type of goat cheese with walnuts/pecans
- Wrapped with prosciutto and served with blue cheese
- Fig-banana smoothie
- Fig nut sandwich
- Goat cheese fig pizza
- Cambazola focaccia fig pizza
- In any cereal or yogurt
- Of course, great out of hand snack!