- Look for grapefruits with thin, smooth, firm skin that is blemish free.
- Pick those that are heavy for their size.
- Grapefruit can be stored at room temperature up to 1 week or in the refrigerator 2 to 3 weeks.
- Grapefruit are ready to eat when they’re picked. No need to leave them out to ripen, just peel or cut and enjoy!
- For ideas on how to incorporate this amazing, vitamin-packed fruit into your diet, check out our recipes.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables – some of you won’t find anywhere else.