Kiwi berries are rare little fruits that makes up for their size in taste. They’re sweeter and easier to eat than the regular kiwi—no need to peel!
These fun little fruits are also packed with vitamin C—more than an orange!
- Look for darker green kiwi berries
- Gently squeeze. Kiwi berries are ready to eat when they are soft to touch
- When ripe, they will become wrinkled and soft (wrinkled skin means they’re at their sweetest)
- Avoid fruit that oozes liquid
How to store:
- Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks and return to room temperature before eating.
- Toss in salads
- Use in recipes that call for regular kiwi
- Eat right out of hand
- Top pancakes or use in cereals
- Use the firmer fruits for making jam