John Sigona’s Dried Fruit & Nut Pick of the Week are California Extra Large Calimyrna and Black Mission Figs.
Calimyrna: $3.99/10.5 oz (Reg. $6.99)
Black Mission: $2.99/9.5 oz Reg. $4.99
Sale good through March 27, 2018, or while supplies last.
The very best! Theses are exceptional, plump and incredibly luscious. I love figs, fresh or dried.
Since fresh are out of season, why not try our spectacular dried figs, especially at such a great price!!
Dried California Calimyrna and Black Mission figs are loaded with excellent nutritional value. They are a delicious, nutritious treat to be enjoyed in numerous ways.
- Easy to stuff with your favorite cheese—here are two examples:
- Try gorgonzola with walnuts
- Any type of goat cheese with walnuts/pecans
- Figs wrapped with prosciutto and served with blue cheese
- Fig banana smoothie
- Fig nut sandwich
- Goat cheese fig pizza
- Cambozola focaccia fig pizza
- Out of hand
- Chopped in cereals, fresh fruit smoothies
The following nutritional info is from the California Fig Advisory Board:
- Fresh and dried figs contain disease-fighting antioxidants
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of calcium
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of potassium
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of iron
- And—lots of dietary fiber
We even have one incredible recipe for you to use with these special figs: Jumbo Calimyrna Figs with Mascarpone and Blackberry Honey.