Robbie’s Produce Tips: Nopales
- Choose young pads as they are more succulent and have a more delicate flavor
- Use within a few days after purchase
- Look for solid leaves with no soft, cracked, wrinkles or bruised spots
- To store, wrap tightly in plastic and store in refrigerator
- Choose nopales that are medium to dark green
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables – some of you won’t find anywhere else.