Grilled Salmon with a Fresh Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa
For the Salmon
- Four 6-ounce Wild King Salmon fillets or steaks
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil (for brushing the fish AND the grill)
- 4 to 5 large strawberries, cleaned and finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber with skin on, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresno, jalapeño or serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp local, raw honey, such as Orange Blossom from Honey Hole Honey Co., available at Sigona’s
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sigona’s Fresh Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a large bowl, toss all of the ingredients for the salsa together to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
For the fish: Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Season the fish with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Oil the grill rack well and lightly brush the fish with oil. Grill the fish, turning halfway through the cooking process, for a total of 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until slightly charred on the edges and still slightly translucent in the center.
Serve with the salsa.