Simple and delicious. You can’t beat a traditional caprese. If you want to add more layers of flavor, experiment with our infused balsamics and olive oils. Serves 2 to 4.
- 1 heirloom beefsteak tomato, cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (8 oz.) ball fresh mozzarella, cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick
- Fresh basil leaves (larger is better)
- Sigona’s Fresh Press Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Mix it up! Try one of our many infused oils for more flavor, if desired.)
- Optional: Sigona’s 12-year-aged Balsamic Condimento Tradizionale (Mix it up! Try one our many infused balsamics for more flavor, if desired.)
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions: Working in a pattern, lay out the slices of tomato, basil and mozzarella in a way which suits your serving dish. Drizzle the ingredients with about 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and a couple teaspoons balsamic, to taste, if using. Sprinkle the dish with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.