This fantastically flavored dish is keto-friendly and made with some of the best grass-fed local beef available. This recipe and photo come to us courtesy of our friend Luisa Ormonde of Luisa’s Catering. Serves 2 to 4.
- 2 yellow, red or orange Bell Peppers, sliced in half, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 lb. Marin sun farms Ground Beef
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar free or reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tchili paste (or dried Korean red chili flakes) or more to taste
- 1 Tamari soy sauce
- 1 toasted sesame oil
- Sliced green onions
- sesame seeds
- Place peppers cut-side up in baking dish with a little bit of water on bottom. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes then let cool.
- In a large skillet, start browning the beef over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. As the beef browns, add garlic and ginger and mix together.
- Move beef to one side of pan and add sliced onions to fry. Allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
- Mix half of the sauce into the beef and then stuff each pepper with the beef mixture and place in the baking dish stuffed-side up.
- Cook the stuffed bell peppers for 12 to 15 minutes at 350°
- Remove peppers from the oven and glaze the top with extra sauce. Garnish with additional green onion and sesame seeds.