Summertime Peach & Garlic Grilled Shrimp with Nectarine, Cucumber & Lime Chop Salad
Fresh, fruits, grilled shrimp and Sigona’s Summertime Peach White Balsamic just scream summer. The shrimp take on fantastic flavor from the marinade and pair delightfully with the fresh flavors of the chop salad. Serves 2 to 4.
- 2 nectarines diced
- Half an English cucumber halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 to 2 Tbsp minced jalapeno to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime about 1 to 2 Tbsp juice, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sigona’s Garlic Oil
- Salt to taste
- 16 jumbo/extra jumbo raw shrimp 16-20 ct. (about 6 to 8 oz. total), deveined and shelled; tails optional
- 3 Tbsp Sigona’s Summertime Peach White Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp Sigona’s Garlic Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Begin by preparing the salad to give it time to sit and allow the flavors to meld. In a medium bowl, gently stir together all the ingredients, starting with just a pinch or two of salt. Stir occasionally, while preparing and marinating shrimp; adjust seasoning as needed.
In a medium zip-top bag, mix together the balsamic and oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper then add the shrimp. Allow to marinate in the fridge, flipping the bag every now and then, for no more than 30 minutes or the balsamic will begin to cook the shrimp.
Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto the skewers. Grill the shrimp skewers on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes a side, flipping once, until the exterior is pink, tails are reddened and the flesh is slightly opaque. Remove from grill and set aside.
Stir the salad and transfer to a serving platter. Place grilled shrimp skewers atop the salad and serve.