Summer's Bounty Flatbread with Heirloom Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
Baking pizza at high temp helps keep the bottom of the naan crispy instead of soggy from the tomato juices. This simply, delicious flatbread pizza is perfect for appetizers or for dinner, when paired with a salad. Serves 2 to 4.
- 2 pieces large naan bread
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Sigona’s marinara any will do
- 2 heirloom tomatoes a few slices of each
- 1 medium ear of corn kernels sliced off
- About 3 to 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese torn or sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Spread an even layer of marinara on the top side of each piece of naan. Add a couple of slices of tomato to each, followed by pieces of torn or sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle the corn kernels on top of the cheese.
Place prepared naan on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Sprinkle basil on top of the naan. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before slicing.