Enter to Win a Limo Trip to Marin County for a Tour of America’s Oldest Operating Cheese Maker
THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS FOR PLAYING! CORRECT ANSWERS ARE BELOW IN RED.
Win a limo-driven day trip for four to Marin County on October 7th, 2010, to tour Marin French Cheese Co. and a local winery!
Winners will get a limo ride for four, departing from our Redwood City store Thursday, October 7, to Marin French Cheese Company in Petaluma for a day of artisan cheese and local wine tasting, courtesy of Marin French Cheese Co. and Sigona’s. The day trip includes a flight of nine artisan cheeses, an exclusive tour of the original cheese aging cellars built in 1865 and a gourmet harvest lunch followed by a tour of one of Marin’s beautiful local wineries. Plus, we’ll throw in a gift certificate to Simi Winery you can use later at your convenience!
- Send answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We’ll take the names of those with all the right answers, put them in a hat, and draw one winner.)
- Deadline is 10 a.m. Monday, September 20th. (We’ll announce a winner in our Sept. 22 e-newsletter.)
- Get ready to call your boss to ask for the day off, and don’t forget to see if your babysitter is available! If you win, you and three of your favorite people will head north Thursday, October 7th!
- Name the original movie used to inspire the movie poster look-alike ad featured in our “Best of” winners’ announcement in The Almanac? The Usual Suspects
- Sigona’s corporate delivery service is called Sigona’s Fruit for Thought. Name the three basket options that Fruit for Thought offers to corporations/different companies? The Basics, Wide Variety, Organic
- Of all three Sigona brothers, who considers himself to be the handsome one?
- All of the above
- Name the eight new in-season olive oils we highlighted at our olive oil seminar AND three regions from which they come. Organic Chetoui Integrale, Leccino, Arbosana, Koroneiki, Ultra Navido Blanco, Hojiblanca, Manzanillo and Sweet Barnea
- Regions: Tunisia, Australia and Chile.
- Name three cheeses that we currently have on sale. Champs Elysees French Brie, Moo-na Lisa Cheese, Italian Feta
- What makes our Emmi Cave-Aged Gruyere a cut above the rest? Sigonia offers the most desired portion of Gruyere; the ‘Premier Cru,’ the richest, sweetest, creamiest part of the cheese wheel.The heart is the best part!
- What’s the name of Sigona’s own Gouda/Gruyere style cheese? Moo-na Lisa
- Name three heirloom melon varieties. Sharlyn, Casaba and Cranshaw
- What’s the easiest way to tell the difference between an American and Japanese eggplant? aside from the general shape, is the color of the skin and calyx, or the leafy part that connects a fruit or vegetable to its stem. The calyx of a Japanese eggplant is true purple, just like its skin, the calyx of an Italian or American eggplant is green.
- Since what year has the Marin French Cheese Co. been making cheese? 1865