John Sigona’s Pick of the Week: Raw Whole Pistachio Meats
John Sigona’s Dried Fruit & Nut Pick of the Week are California Raw Whole Jumbo Size Pistachio Meats.
6 oz. Container – $5.79
(Reg. $7.99 for 6 oz.)
The cost of these healthy nuts have risen considerably in the past year; however, I have secured them at an excellent cost for you these next two weeks. Each 6 oz. container you purchase, you’ll be saving $2.20.
Full of extraordinary nutritional benefits, these jumbo-sized beauties are the best and come from a family-owned and operated farm in Terra Bella. These fine pistachios are picked at full maturity and are guaranteed to be excellent in flavor.
Some reasons why pistachios, especially RAW pistachios, are so good for you are that a 1 oz. serving provides 10% of the daily value for:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin B6
Raw pistachios are also rich in:
- Phystosterols, which directly aid in lowering cholesterol levels
- Monounsaturated (healthy) fats
- Protein, as a high-quality plant source, providing essential and non-essential amino acids
Try these raw pistachios in:
- Fresh fruit or vegetable smoothies
- Trail mixes
- All types of salads
- Focaccia bread (add pistachios after heating in order to better retain their nutritional benefits)
- Pizza (add pistachios after they’ve been baked in order to better retain their nutritional benefits)