John’s Pick of The Week: New Crop from Hollister, CA Walnuts (Shelled)
New Crop from Hollister, CA
Raw Light Halves & Pieces
At a Spectacular Price:
$1.99/ 7 oz.
(Sale good through Sept. 13, 2016)
Our walnuts come from Hollister, California, an area I’m convinced produces the best-tasting walnuts in the world.
Try using them in place of expensive pine nuts the next time you make pesto. A substitute that I think is just as good and far less costly. They’re terrific in cereals, trail mixes, salads and more.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy walnuts is eating them with a nice fresh apple!
Walnuts are considered a “super nut” with incredible health benefits including:
- Nutritional info based on a (1) oz. serving:
- Provides 12% RDA for Fiber
- Provides 8% RDA for Protein
- Provides 5% RDA for Iron
- Provides 6% RDA for Thiamin
- Provides 8% RDA for B6
- Provides 10% RDA for Phosphorus
- Provides 48 % RDA for Manganese
- Provides 11% RDA for Magnesium
- Provides 3% RDA for Calcium
- Healthy fat that provides—Omega-3 fatty acids—(1) oz. serving—90% RDA
- (Omega 3 Fatty Acids—have innumerable Health Benefits)
- Particularly rich in phenol antioxidants—like gallic acid—with lots of major health benefits