John’s Dried Fruit and Nut Pick: Jumbo Red Flame Raisins
WHOA–WHAT A SUPER DEAL!!!
Jumbo Red Flame Raisins
Sun Dried Red Flame Raisins from Visalia, California. This specialty raisin has a satisfying rich and robust flavor–Perfect in many ways, besides a great out of hand snack.
- In Cereals (I love ‘em in oatmeal)
- In Vegetable and Fruit salads
- In Broccoli salads
- In Rice Pudding
- In Breads
- In Scones
- In Stuffing
- In Chicken recipes—Curry or Spanish Chicken, for example
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS:
- High in iron
- High in potassium
- High in fiber
- Natural Sweetener
Here is a Healthy, fresh dessert recipe—just takes a minute to make.
(I call it) Banana-Raisin Coconut Delight
Adapted from The Late Great Health Guru, JACK LALANNE—one of my all-time favorite people. Serves 2.
- 1-ripe large banana
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Handful of red flame raisins, or to taste
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (find at Sigona’s)
- 1 tsp. Honey Hole Honey, available at Sigona’s
In a flat dish mash one ripe large banana, until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and top with raisins, coconut. Drizzle honey over and enjoy.