John’s Pick of the Week: Select size (old fashioned) Thompson raisins
California Heirloom Thompson Raisins
79¢/ 10 oz
From The Coachella Valley, California; these are healthy, wonderful sun-dried and delicious!
Here is a healthy, fresh dessert I highly recommend and children love it:
Banana-Raisin Coconut Delight
Adapted from The Late Great Health Guru, JACK LALANNE—one of my all-time favorite people. Serves 2.
- 1-ripe large banana
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Handful of red flame raisins, or to taste
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (find at Sigona’s)
- 1 tsp. Honey Hole Honey, available at Sigona’s
In a flat dish mash one ripe large banana, until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and top with raisins, coconut. Drizzle honey over and enjoy.
Perfect in so many ways, besides a great out of hand snack:
- Vegetable and Fruit salads
- Broccoli salads
- Rice Pudding
- Chicken recipes—Curry or Spanish Chicken, for example
Some health benefits:
- High in iron
- High in potassium
- High in fiber
- Natural Sweetener