John’s Dried Fruit and Nut Pick: California Medjool Dates
California Medjool Dates
Medjool dates are so popular! Many of you have asked if and when I would run this spectacular ad again…Well, here it is! Large size, plump, great flavor and sweet. One more time, giving you OUR VERY LOWEST PRICE!!! (Want to load up?? Medjool dates freeze very well and keep good for months. They’re excellent to eat directly from the freezer, no need to thaw them out).
$2.99/ 9 oz.
(Price good through April 24 , 2018)
Coming from Imperial Valley, Bard California; Medjool dates have a terrific flavor and sweetness, with a rich fudge-like consistency.
- Will keep at room temperature, very well, for at least one week
- Will keep very well refrigerated for at least 8 weeks
- Will keep in freezer, very well, for at least 8 months
- Try eating them directly out of the freezer—excellent—like eating fudge candy!
Some nutritional facts:
- High Fiber (6) grams per three oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of magnesium (10% per three oz. serving)
- Medjool dates consist of 2% protein
Excellent healthy alternative to sugar or honey—dice and mix with:
- Oatmeal (instead of sugar or honey)
- Trail mixes
- Fresh fruit smoothies
- Cottage cheese
(First slice lengthwise and remove pit)
- Soft goat cheese (my # 1 favorite!! It’s absolutely delicious)
- Cream cheese
- Mild Monterey jack
- Any sharp aged cheeses, even blue cheeses
- Dice any of the following and mix with the cheese prior to stuffing
- Spicy Jalapeno chili or any hot Chili of your choice
- Fresh Granny Smith apples or any apple of your choice
- Any favorite raw nut—like almonds, walnuts or pecans