When selecting mandarins:
- Look for good, orange color all over the fruit.
- A ripe mandarin should be firm, but not hard.
- Choose mandarins with bright citrusy fragrance.
- There should be a slight give on the skin.
- A juicy mandarin will feel heavy for it size. If it feels light, it’s probably dried out.
- Clementine’s have very thin skin and bruise easily, so be careful when bagging them.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables – some of you won’t find anywhere else.