In the Kitchen with Sigona’s…Featuring: Boursin Garlic & Herb cheese
As we noted in the intro, there is so much you can do with Boursin… smooth a bit onto a toasted bagel and serve it with smoked salmon, offer it as a cracker spread alongside an assortment of sliced veggies and cured meats, spread it on phyllo dough and roll it up with a sprig of asparagus for a fancy “asparagus in a blanket” appetizer…we could go on and on, but here are two recipes you’ll enjoy.
Red Potato Bites with Boursin
One of our crew members saw something like this on the Food Network so using her description we came up with our own twist…enjoy!
- 20 bite-size red potatoes
- 1 package Boursin Garlic & Herb cheese
- 2 TBL butter, softened
- 1/4 cup half & half (may not need all of it, depending on the creaminess of the cheese mixture.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped herbs for garnish (such as dill, parsley or thyme)
Directions: Boil potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool a bit (so you’re able to handle them). Once cooled, slice a little off of the bottom of the potato so they stand up. Using a spoon or dinner knife (if you have a small melon baller, that would be best) remove a spoonful or scoop from the top of each potato and discard* or set aside. What you’ll be left with is a little crater in the top of each potato.
In a mixing bowl combine the Boursin, cream and butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon a dollop of the cheese mix into the divots in the potatoes. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with the chopped herbs (optional). Serve.
* Save those potato pieces and stir them into an omelet or hash browns in the morning!
Bruschetta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Boursin
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1 package Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese, softened
- 3 TBL finely chopped, drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
Directions: In medium bowl, combine garlic, olive oil and pepper; brush on bread slices. On baking sheet, arrange bread slices. Broil 1 minute. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine Boursin and tomatoes. Evenly spoon Boursin mixture on toasted bread. Broil, if desired, 1 minute.