Robbie’s Produce Tips: Wild Mustard Greens
- Wild mustard greens are very difficult to find. If you do find them, they will have a short season so grab ‘em while you can.
- It’s a very delicate green and needs to be fresh. Sigona’s is bringing in same-day wild mustard greens.
- Each green should have a fresh cut on the bottom and not be dry.
- The leaves should be green, not yellow. Yellow leaves are a sign of old wild mustard greens.
- It’s best to eat the greens the day you buy them. If you can’t, store them in the fridge in a plastic produce bag.
- Our greens arrive fresh and local from Morgan Hill.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.