John Sigona’s Pick of the Week: New Crop Extra Fancy California Medjool Dates
John Sigona’s dried fruit and nut selection of the week is new crop, extra fancy California Medjool dates.
9 oz. Container – $2.99
You’ve made Medjool Dates one of our most popular and healthy treats. Throughout the years they’ve been one of our best sellers. They’ll satisfy your sweet tooth and supply nutrition for your well-being. That’s a tough combination to beat!
These extra fancy California Medjool dates are the very best quality available anywhere and our 9 oz. containers – while always a great deal at $4.99 for 9 oz. – are only $2.99 between Sept. 25 – Oct. 8. These Bard Valley, California Medjools are the best dates on earth and feature a sweet, rich fudge-like flavor and consistency.
Here are some tips and helpful info for your extra fancy California Medjool Dates.
- Will keep at room temperature very well for at least one week
- Will keep refrigerated very well for at least six weeks and in the freezer for eight months
- Try eating them directly out of the freezer—excellent! (I love them best this way!)
Some Nutritional Facts
- High fiber: 6 grams per 3 oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of Magnesium (10% per 3 oz. serving)
- Medjool Dates consist of 2% protein
Excellent and Healthy Alternative to Sugar or Honey. Dice and Mix with:
- Oatmeal (instead of sugar or honey)
- Trail mixes
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- Cottage Cheese
Try stuffing Medjools with cheese. Just slice the date lengthwise and remove pit. Then stuff with:
- Soft goat cheese (my # 1 favorite!)
- Cream Cheese
- Milk Monterey Jack
- Sharp Cheddar
- Really, any cheese of preference, even Blue Cheeses
Dice any of the following and mix with the cheese prior to stuffing:
- Spicy jalapeno chili or any hot chili of your choice
- Granny Smith apples
- Any favorite raw nut like almonds, walnuts or pecans
Here’s one of my favorite Medjool recipes that just perfect on a warm summer day.
Vegan Date Shake
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana cut into chunks
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of organic agave nectar
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
Place almond milk in blender and at low speed, add dates one at a time until the they’re completely crushed. Add frozen banana chunks one at a time until you achieve the consistency you like. Add agave nectar and top with a dash of cinnamon. Serve immediately!