Roasted Vegetable Medley with Sigona’s Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
Roasted vegetables are one of the simplest side dishes that complete many a main course. We love the naturally sweet flavor that shines through when the organic rainbow carrots are roasted. Delicious! Add or substitute other vegetables to develop a dish you know your family will love. Serves about 6 to 8.
Roasted Vegetable Medley with Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. organic rainbow carrots peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch-long pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 medium parsnips about 1 pound, cut into 1 ½-inch-thick pieces
- 1 cup of peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (about a 1 ½-inch cubes)
- 1 red onion or two shallots cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp Sigona’s Fresh Press Wild Mushroom & Sage extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sigona’s traditional balsamic or Sigona’s espresso infused balsamic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl combine all the prepared vegetables and thyme. Add the olive oil and balsamic, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the mixture well to coat all the vegetables. If needed, add a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast, flipping once, for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.