As always with sangria, you can make it to your own liking, but you’ve really gotta try our super refreshing and ‘berry’ fruity sangria! We also have a plentiful selection of locally grown berries and oranges to choose from for this recipe. Prepare day before serving.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Cipressi Toscana Rosso red wine
- 1 bottle (12 fl oz) Pomegranate Ginger Ale by Bruce Cost (found at Sigona’s)
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 large navel orange, cut into wedges
- ½ cup cane sugar (such as Caster Sugar Superfine Cane, also at Sigona’s)
- Optional garnish: 1 lemon, sliced into wheels (Watch this video for a lemon wheel how-to.)
Directions: Combine wine, ginger ale, sugar and prepped fruit (excluding lemon wheels) into a large pitcher. Stir and let sit refrigerated overnight.
Remove pitcher from refrigerator and slowly stir ingredients. Pour sangria into serving glasses and use a large ladle to add more fruits into each glass. If using, place lemon wheel with small notch over rim of glass, and serve.