John’s Pick of the Week: Walnut Stuffed California Medjool Dates
Walnut Stuffed California Medjool Dates
A Unique Sigona’s Specialty at Our Very Best Sale Price!
$3.99 (9 oz)
- Hollister, California light halves and pieces–The very best come from this area!
- Imperial valley, California extra-large size Medjool dates–The very best comes from this area!
- Try them with your favorite cheese, particularly good with a blue cheese.
- Great out of hand at room temperature. My favorite way is eating them right from the freezer!
- Will keep at room temperature for at least two weeks
- Will keep refrigerated for at least 8 weeks
- Will keep in freezer for at least 8 months
Medjool dates nutritional facts:
- High fiber, (6) grams per three oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of magnesium (10% per three oz. serving)
- Medjool dates consist of 2% protein
Walnut nutritional facts:
- 12% RDA for fiber
- 8% RDA for protein
- 5% RDA for iron
- 6% RDA for thiamin
- 8% RDA for B6
- 10% RDA for phosphorus
- 48% RDA for manganese
- 3% RDA for calcium
Additional benefits for walnuts:
- Healthy fat-omega 3 fatty acids. 1oz. serving—90% RDA
- (Omega 3 fatty acids have innumerable health benefits)
- Particularly rich in phenol antioxidants, like garlic acid with lots of major health benefits.