John’s Pick of the Week: California Grown Dried Calimyrna Figs
California Extra Fancy Calimyrna Figs
I buy the very best because I know that’s what you expect. The Calimyrna Figs I bring to you are just that, simply the best. Luscious, incredibly delicious and extra-large. It’s hard to find this kind of superb quality.
Plump, versatile and healthy. You’re going to love them, especially at this great price!
$3.99 (10.5 oz)
Good through Oct. 24, 2017
Dried California grown Calimyrna figs are loaded with excellent healthy properties and can be enjoyed in numerous ways including:
- Stuffed with your favorite cheese and nuts. Here are two examples:
- Try gorgonzola with walnuts
- Any type of goat cheese with walnuts or pecans
- Figs wrapped with prosciutto and served with blue cheese
- Fig banana smoothie
- Fig-nut sandwich
- Goat cheese fig pizza
- Cambazola focaccia fig pizza
- Out of hand
- Chopped in cereals
- Fresh fruit smoothies
The following nutritional information is from the California fig advisory board:
- Fresh and dried figs contain disease-fighting antioxidants
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of calcium
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of potassium
- Fresh and dried figs contain good amounts of iron
And lot of dietary fiber.