Chinese Chicken Salad with a Honey Ginger, Roasted Sesame and Persian Lime Vinaigrette
Light, flavorful and packed with good veggies, this salad is fantastic as a main entree for lunch or dinner. For more substance and protein, toss in up to two cups of cooked quinoa in with the greens. Serves about 4.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup Sigona’s Honey Ginger Balsamic Condimento
- 2 Tbsp. Sigona’s Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sigona’s Roasted Japanese Sesame Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (we like them grilled)
- About 1/2 to 3/4 of a head of red leaf lettuce, torn to bite-sized pieces (may use romaine if desired)
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- About 3 oz. baby spinach
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 to 4 green onions, sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup blanched, sliced almonds (look for them in our dried fruit & nut section)
Directions: Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside to allow the flavors to meld together.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, spinach, cabbage, carrot, green onions and cilantro leaves, if using.
Slice the cooked chicken into long strips and place in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to the chicken and toss to coat.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the greens and toss, toss, toss to coat well. Transfer the greens to a serving bowl or dish.
Arrange the sliced chicken on top of the salad, sprinkle with almonds and serve. Offer the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Add your desired items to your cart until you meet the minimum of $35
- Add Free Persian Lime Olive Oil to your cart
- Enter coupon code: FREEOIL on step 5 of checkout process and see your saving deduct from your subtotal