– 3 navel oranges
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tsp toasted-sesame oil
– 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in half)
– 2 pounds asparagus with tough ends removed
– 6 small (2 pounds) zucchini cut on a diagonal (1/4 inch thick)
– 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
– salt to taste
Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); Remove the zest of 1 orange and juice of 2 oranges; place in a nonreactive bowl.
Add the lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, mustard and whisk slowly in sesame oil.
Place the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick.
Pour half the vinaigrette over the chicken and coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
Brush the asparagus and zucchini with olive oil and season with salt.
Grill the vegetables and the reserved orange wedges until tender.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and season with salt.
Grill until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve with the remaining reserved vinaigrette.
Recipe from Petaluma Poultry