Skewered foods are a simple way to please a crowd or just a fancy treat for yourself after a long work day. You can add and take away ingredients as you wish, such as fresh tortellini. Let your creative juices flow!
Olive, Tortellini & Gouda Skewers
- 2 TBL Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBL Sigona’s traditional balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBL basil pesto (we recommend making your own, or you can try Capellino pesto with pine nuts)
- 2/3 – 1 cup fresh tortellini (we recommend Saporito Pasta’s tortellini, any variety)
- 3-6 oz. Beemster Gouda, cubed
- 10-15 Kalamata olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes or other veggie (optional)
Directions: Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water and drain again. Set aside.
For marinade, in a small bowl combine oil, vinegar and pesto. Set aside.
Tread the tortellini, cheese cubes, olives and other veggies in various combinations on 6-inch picks or skewers.
Put skewers in a 13×9 baking dish and brush them with the marinade, covering all sides. Marinate for 1 hour and then brush the skewers again with the remaining marinade. Chill for 30 more minutes before serving.