- A wedge of Brie
- 2-3 TBL basil pesto (we recommend making your own or using Capellini pesto with pinenuts)
- 1 package flatbread crackers (Or substitute a baguette. We recommend Grace or Acme.)
Arrange the layered Brie on a platter with a healthy handful of flatbread crackers. To enjoy, simply use a cheese knife or small spreader to slice off a piece of the Brie and place it on a flatbread cracker or baguette slice.
Simple Basil Pesto
- One large bunch of basil (about 4 cups of leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic (Add more or less depending on how much garlic you like. We Sicilians love garlic!)
- 1/3 c. pine nuts, toasted until golden and then cooled
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- 1/3 c. Sigona’s Fresh Press extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Combine the basil in with the pine nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop. Then add the garlic and pulse a few more times.
Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Pause to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula once in a while to make sure all ingredients get mixed. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.