Chicken salad with sweet melon and candied walnuts
Roasted or rotisserie chicken combines with juicy melon for an easy light refreshing meal.
- Leftover roasted chicken, shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 Casaba melon, cleaned and cubed or balled
- 1 French Charentais melon, cleaned and cubed or balled
- 2 cups Red Flame Grapes, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- Equal portions plain yogurt and sour cream (as much as you desire for a creamy texture)
- Candied walnuts
- Mixed baby greens, enough to make a base for the salad on each plate.
Combine the chicken with the onions, melon, grapes and celery. Stir in just enough yogurt and sour cream to bind. Serve on top of baby greens and top with the candied walnuts.