Satsuma Mandarins: Simple, Healthy, Delicious.
Although primarily eaten out-of-hand, Satsuma mandarins are extremely versatile! Follow the link below for a few serving suggestions.
- Place a few segments on top a salad – they’re especially great with sweet and tender greens like butter lettuce, mache or lamb’s lettuce and baby spinach.
- Fill a large bowl with Satsumas, pomegranates and in-shell walnuts for an easy-to-grab snack (and a great fall centerpiece!).
They are dynamite dipped in melted chocolate for fondue.
- Enjoy on top of vanilla ice cream, perhaps with a drizzle of Grand Marnier or Triple Sec for an adult take on the old fashioned Creamsicle.
- Use Satsuma juice in a salad dressing along with olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Satsumas are also sweet enough to serve along for dessert or served alongside some ricotta and honey. Satsumas have a way of satisfying a sweet tooth without causing cavities or or adding many more calories to your diet.