Robbie Sigona’s Produce Tips: English Peas
- Look for pods that are round, full and bright-green with a satiny, fresh look.
- Avoid pods that are dull, pale or shriveled.
- Remember, it is important to buy them as fresh as possible as the sugars begin to convert to starch from the moment they’re picked.
- Store in a plastic bag in the fridge for up to two days.
- The shells of English peas are not edible, so you must shell before cooking or eating.
Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.