- Looks for strawberries that have a full color and don’t possess a green shoulder.
- The berries should be fresh with a nice green stem (the sepals of a flower collectively, forming the outer floral envelope that protects the developing flower bud) and shouldn’t be dry or brittle.
- They should have a healthy shine to them.
- Sweet berries are wonderfully fragrant; as you approach them in the store be aware of their smell.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.