John Sigona’s Pick of the Week: California-Grown Medjool Dates
John Sigona’s Dried Fruit & Nut Pick of the Week are California-Grown Medjool Dates.
9 oz. Container – $2.99
With the holiday season in full swing, our Medjool Dates are a wonderful treat, before or after any special meal.
Our Medjool Dates are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and supply nutrition for your well-being—that’s a tough combination to beat. Sigona’s Medjool Dates are the very best quality, and I guarantee you’ll love this special price.
From Bard, California (The Imperial Valley), the King of All Dates, the Medjool Dates we have are sweet and rich, with fudge-like flavor and consistency.
- Will keep refrigerated, very well, for at least 8 weeks
- Will keep in Freezer, very well, for at least 8 months
- Try eating them directly out of the freezer—excellent—like eating fudge candy!
- High Fiber, 6 grams per 3 oz. serving
- Good source of potassium, iron and copper
- Excellent source of Magnesium (10% per three oz. serving)
- Medjool Dates consist of 2% protein
These Medjool Dates are an excellent healthy alternative to sugar or honey, dice and mix them with:
- Trail mixes
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- Cottage Cheese
Or, you can stuff these Medjools with cheese. They’re absolutely delicious! First, you’ll need to slice the Medjool length-wise and remove the pit. After, start the stuffing!
- Soft goat cheese (my # 1 favorite!)
- Cream cheese
- Milk Monterey Jack
- Sharp cheddar
- Really, any cheese of preference, even Blue Cheeses
Stuff Medjool Dates with any of the cheeses listed above with diced versions of any of the following. Mix these diced pieces with the cheese prior to stuffing.
- Spicy jalapeno chili or any hot chili of your choice
- Granny Smith apples
- Any favorite raw nut—almonds, walnuts or pecans