Robbie’s Produce Tips: Pomegranates
- They should be heavy regardless of their size.
- They should have a nice and healthy shine to them. Older pomegranates will have a duller look.
- Be on the lookout for cracks and splits. Over time, mold can sneak its way in there.
- Ask a Sigona’s produce clerk to cut one in half for you. The seeds should have a deep-red color right now because we’re in the peak season.
- Watch my video below to learn how to easily remove pomegranate seeds.
– Robbie Sigona is our produce buyer. He works with local farmers and scours the market for the very best in fresh fruits and vegetables — some you won’t find anywhere else.